Saturday, January 07, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 7.



7. 3 graces from people you love

   The drop-everything-'cause-you-need-me grace from Melissa: She's one of my favorite people, and she understands friendship, especially friendship towards me. I've had some of my best memories of the past year created/initiated by her, and I love her for it. She gets to know people so she can love them well. It's a gift and an incredible grace as I am in transition. Some of my favorites: trips to Portland and Seattle, where we began our official sisterhood, her drives from L.A. to Fresno for birthdays, hounding friends of mine to call me on special days (like my 24th birthday). 

  The we're-helping-you-grow-'cause-we-love-you grace from the housemates: I love Todd and Carrie. They're amazing people who understand their gifts, seek to understand those around them, and just love people well. They're the best housemates a girl could ask for. They're patient as I need counsel, patience, space, or kiddos for therapeutic playtime. They think nothing of offering their home, their resources and themselves as part of my journey, I couldn't ask for more. 

  The I've-thought-long-and-hard-about-this-so-I've-written-it-down grace from Don: If you know me well enough, you know I mean Donald Miller. The fact is, that I appreciate Don's journey, reflections, and writing style. I think it's a grace from him to share his thoughts, opinions, stories and words with me and whoever else will read/listen. It's a grace to have a gifted writer share their life. Thanks, Don.





No comments:

Post a Comment