Monday, January 16, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 15.


one thing you wore, one thing you gave away, one thing you shared.

one thing you wore: my seashell earrings I bought for one dollar when we lived in Whittier. The seashell earrings are long, shiny, and a perfect pick when I have no idea how to accessorize my outfit. Wearing a gray sweater with jeans seemed to go perfectly with these earrings. They make me feel pretty.

one thing you gave away: my crankiness. Yesterday was a day when I was just critical of everyone and everything at church. I'm in the middle of transition and I'm missing anything familiar. After talking to Todd, I made an effort to give it away to Jesus. He gets what I'm feeling, and I'm done holding onto it for crankiness' sake. This is in no way a finished process.

one thing you shared: time and space. Todd, Carrie and myself spent last night finishing up Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. It's been fun sharing time after the boys go to bed with Todd and Carrie- and watching Star Wars isn't a taxing thing either.

No comments:

Post a Comment