Friday, January 27, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 27.


27. 3 gifts that might never have been.
my relationship with The Twin: I love Melissa with all my heart. Really. I would do anything for that girl. And as we talk, and laugh and come up with crazy ideas (the latest is to train hawks to protect us from pigeons and other animals who might harm us), I think of how easy it could have been for us to have never met. It feels like a complete fluke: having a few mutual friends, but finally meeting and being together for six weeks in an adventure we call FUI (the Fresno Urban Internship) 2010. I say a fluke, 'cause neither one of us had to come back to Fresno that year, so the fact that we did... let's just say it's a God thing.

my job. I think of how crazy God is, how he orchestrates everything. Especially my job situation. I love where I work, I love my co-workers, and I love my boss. If I hadn't moved to Fresno, living with the folks that I do, and meeting the folks I have...again, it's a God thing. I am incredibly grateful.

having incredible relationships with my two best men. I love, love, love my two best guy friends. We're going on 3 and a half years of friendship and they are still my favorite people. They're the guys I talk about...well, let's just say things I wouldn't talk to just anyone about. They're the ones that I bare my soul to, knowing I can trust them with my heart, and the ones I laugh with even when they say things that aren't funny. I am humbled by how we three came to be, and that nothing but God could have forged a friendship so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment