25. one grace borrowed, one grace found, one grace inherited.
one grace borrowed: stories. In having my first teaching time at our large group, I was blessed by the stories that were not my own that I was able to share tonight. I am grateful for stories that have been given to me through friends that are powerful to speak into the lives of students who are learning what it means to follow Jesus in this season.
one grace found: training from my InterVarsity chapter. In my time in UCLA's InterVarsity chapter, I realized I was being equipped and trained, but I didn't realize how much that would transfer to becoming an InterVarsity staff worker myself. And now, as I'm leading our fellowship in areas of hospitality and Bible study, I see just how much I not only learned, but retained and am now passing along to new developing leaders. Grace, indeed.
one grace inherited: hospitality. I grew up in a home and ethnic culture of hospitality. Latinos (typically) offer what we have. As we invite you to sit in our home, we'll ask if you're thirsty or hungry, if the answer is 'yes' we'll gladly offer you what we've got. I still remember my mom greeting a school friend of mine who had just come back from Basic Training. She could see that he was hungry, and since he'd come over to surprise me, she just started making him some eggs. My mom and family have definitely taught me how to be hospitable.
No comments:
Post a Comment