Monday, January 16, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 14.


3 ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God.

a gorgeous day: It's winter. It could be miserable right now, but Saturday was a beautiful day. Sunny, minimal clouds, no wind. It was a beautiful day that begged me to enter the day saying, "Holy Moley, it's beautiful out there!"

laughter: Again, life is difficult, we could all be miserable surrounded by brokenness and general being cranky pants. And then again, there are moments when we all stop talking, and just laugh. Laugh because we can, because Bryce or Cody said something funny, or just because we're happy to share the same space.

answered prayers: In August, I threw up a bunch of prayers concerning Iron Bird Cafe that I only half believed. I prayed for the Iron Bird to gain new management, to be restored to its former glory, or to be better than before. I prayed, months came and went, I prayed some more, but I wasn't sure it would happen. Lo and behold! Iron Bird is opening up (hopefully) this week! It's amazing to walk by, and see new decals, new life in that space that I thought was doomed. I am grateful for answered prayers and a new successful beginning for Iron Bird Cafe. Let's go have some coffee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment