a gift that's sour, a gift that's sweet, a gift that's Just. Right.
a gift that's sour: dysfunctional relationships. whether it's family, friends or just groups of folks I know, it's sour to see how we engage with each other in unhealthy ways. I consider it a gift, because it's through these relationships that I see that this is not what God intended for us, and it allows me to see that God seeks to heal, redeem and bring new life.
a gift that's sweet: sharing mealtimes with friends. especially old friends. I was able to have Mediterranean food with intern friends from North Arizona University (NAU) as well as Cal Poly. It was nice to catch up on what God's been doing in our lives, what's been challenging, and just being able to laugh together is amazingly sweet.
a gift that's Just. Right.: little hands holding mine. I am amazed at how each time Bryce or Cody hold my hand it is amazingly comforting. And just plain adorable. I love that they tug on my hand to get my attention to play, have me sit with them, or just hold it. I love that my need for physical affection is also satisfied when they do. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment