My good friend, Ann Voskamp, is great at challenging me. She wrote this book that caused me to create a list that has changed my outlook on what Jesus has bestowed upon me, and seeking gratitude even when I don't feel like it.
I have to admit: I don't feel particularly grateful most days.
It's easy on days when I see amazing sunsets, or I get big hugs from the 5 year old I live with, or when my housemate brings home tortillas, or when I'm cold and my blankets prove sufficient to keep me warm.
Most days I forget to give thanks.
So what does Ann do?
She offers me a challenge. A dare.
January's Joy Dare.
I'll admit, I never really usually do such things, blog everyday, or follow lists... but I want to practice being grateful. I want to train my eyes, my heart to see what surrounds me and extend heartfelt thanks.
So here we go.
I'll be posting one blog a day capturing gratitud.
Join me?

No comments:
Post a Comment