12. something above you, something below you, something beside you
something above me: the sky. Most days it's so incredibly blue! I love the deep blue just before the sun comes up and just as the sun dips into the horizon. It's a great reminder that there is so much opportunity to do, the vastness of the sky reminds me that indeed, 'The sky's the limit.'
something below me: concrete sidewalks and roads. I walk a lot. I enjoy walking. I am grateful that the places I walk are paved with concrete to protect my feet from earthly debris as well as separate the road from the sidewalk. I get to walk safely and without much difficulty because of it.
something beside me: a stack of books. I mentioned to Carrie that I don't think I can travel with less than four books in tow. And even today, it's true. As I went to the office and as I travel through Fresno, I have two books and a journal in my bag. I am grateful for the written word, and it's compactness for travel.

No comments:
Post a Comment