Friday, January 27, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 26.


26. a gift before nine am, gift before noon, a gift after dark
a gift before nine am: Sarah texting me to ask how my talk went. It was a gift for her to follow up and ask how it went. A gift 'cause I often think life simply goes on, and asking for prayer is selfish. Alas, asking for prayer was both necessary and a balm for my heart to remember I am thought of still.

a gift before noon: an invitation to 'come!'. Bryce asked if I could come drop them off at the babysitter's house. It being a day of Sabbath, I wanted to stay home, however, I am learning that being with these two beautiful-eyed boys is a win-win situation. It's good for me, and it affirms them that they are incredibly loved. I love the invitation to come, and I love being able to say 'yes'.

a gift after dark: quiet time to just sit and read a book. My weeks for this semester (Fresno State semester) has begun to fill up quickly. Work, Bible Study, Bible Study prep, watching kiddos, work, Sabbath ('cause it has to be scheduled in order for it to happen)...it all takes time. So having a quiet space to just read what I'd like is extremely valuable. And sitting in my blue chair while I do it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment