20. 3 gifts you saw only when you got close-up
memorial for braceros in Downtown: In Downtown Fresno, specifically, in Courtyard Park, there is a memorial for the braceros (Mexican farm workers who were employed seasonally for little pay and no documentation provided for them). I didn't notice that memorial at all, until I was walking to the library and actually stopped to read it. I am still deeply touched that braceros like my great-grandfather are recognized and honored by the city.
connection between a story in Mark and my current life theme: I was writing a blog post/reflection, when I realized that a story in Mark is quite reflective of what I believe Jesus is saying to me right now. It wasn't until I pulled out my study Bible (thanks again, A.L.) that I realized just how closely linked they are.
my favorite blanket is multi-colored: I have a blanket (some folks call it a Mexican blanket, others a 'falsa' blanket) that is peach, white, grey, darker grey and black. It has a design on it to incorporate these colors. What I just realized, is that all the wool/cotton material is multi-colored! There are greens, reds, yellows in each strand to make these colors. Due to my love of multi-ethnicity and racial reconciliation, this makes me quite happy.
How is the joy dare changing the way you view life in this season?
ReplyDelete