Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Separate, but Together

A great thing about meeting folks from lots of different places is you get to have friends everywhere. A not-so-great thing is that your best friend can live 300 miles away.

I sent some of my greatest, dearest, and most awesome friends an email recently. I emailed them letting know about pretty much every transition in my life, the big ones, the smaller ones. The reason? I'm entering into a mourning season of not being able to share my daily life with them. So much is happening! Life is incredibly rich, and full... and the folks who know how to support me best are mostly outside of my current city.

So yes, I have friends in many places, and can crash on many couches in various cities... but that doesn't make me miss them less. Or be less frustrated at the situation.

For now, that looks like texting, emailing, writing letters, calling and leaving random voice mail messages in order to stay connected and together as we're miles apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment