Dearest Friend,
You are far away, and I am here. Yet despite the distance I think of you daily, and pray for you still. It hurts my heart to know your choice of keeping me distant from where you are, choosing to live your life separate from me. Yet I remember your words of caution to me, that you'd hurt me, and were choosing to stop including me in your life.
I forgive you for the ways you've hurt me. The ignored calls, missed text messages and anger at situations in which I had no part. I also beg your forgiveness at my own lack of words to speak love to you, my desire to have what I feel is a nightmare end, my bitterness at you for not letting me hold your broken heart.
I pray with all that I am that you would find hope. A hope and love that surpasses everything you know. A love that is able to heal your broken heart, your past pain, the trust that doesn't seem worth the effort. I pray that you'd understand how much I love you still. Despite the pain and hurt we've caused each other, I love you more than I can possibly say. I pray that you'd allow Jesus to love you and bind the wounds.
And my very deepest prayer is that I'd have you whole again. Not for my sake, but for yours. That we'd be able to laugh, embrace, and walk hand in hand as we once did, for the glory of God.
I love you,
Sol
No comments:
Post a Comment