Monday, October 08, 2012

On Waiting and Walking.

I can't remember the last time I felt this peaceful as I waited for a response. I interviewed for a position I'd really like to have last Friday. It feels like an incredible fit with who I am, my gifts, talents, and abilities. The interview itself went great. I don't think it could have gone better. And maybe that's why I'm not anxious about it.

It's the first time I've felt such peace in waiting for a call or email. My growing inkling is that I did everything I could in applying for the position. I brought everything I've learned about applying, my experience, and love of Downtown to the process.

It's liberating actually. To have been so transparent and present to all of this. It allows me to be free as I wait. Wait on a response, wait on Jesus, waiting to see what might develop.

I'm growing into the realization that in order to walk in freedom, we have to bring all that we are. In Galatians 5, it says, "You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free." I've kept coming back to that verse in the past 3 years. For most of that time it's felt like a mystery, what is freedom? what does that look like? For myself it's looking more and more like dropping my expectations, judgement, brokenness, and lack of confidence in knowing I am meant for more. Not allowing myself to settle. Not sabotaging myself.

Allowing myself to be present to my life, 
and dare to dream 
and actively engage 
and push the limits of what I believe is possible.

('Cause my own vision and scope to see is small, so I might as well try to see beyond it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment