I won't lie to you, I'm feeling disappointed and sad. I really wanted this position. It felt like everything I love about Downtown Fresno, revitalization, and administrative skills were in this job. I feel the sting of not being picked. However, I was the second pick. Second out of many applicants, and it was a difficult decision for those making it.
And although I'm processing emotions, I believe there is more in store. If anything, this process has taught me how much I love revitalization, how passionately I love Downtown, and has allowed me to see just how connected I've become to the Fresno community over the last 16 months.
Yes, taking the risk to apply to a highly competitive position was, well, risky. But I value what I've learned through the process, the folks I've met and solidified relationships with, and how much I've gained confidence in who I am and what I do.
I'm grateful I applied, that I've learned so much about my community and that it's kick-started my involvement in my neighborhood. Downtown revitalization and local community development, I'm here. Let's get some things goin'. :)
The disappointment after a risk doesn't pan out is painful, but it also helps us grow and gain insight into who we are. I give glory to God, for his mercy in opening doors and in closing them...
A special thanks to those who helped me process today. I am incredibly grateful for your insight, laughter, and prayers. You mean the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment