Friday, October 05, 2012

"Are You Ready?"

I have an interview today with a local organization that does the work I'd do without getting paid. They work with our City government to advocate and partner with local Downtown businesses and property owners. They dream, collaborate, and develop strategies to bring life to Downtown Fresno. Examples: The Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival, the Ice Rink (!) that will be accessible on the Fulton Mall starting November 8th. Seriously, these folks are living the dream.

As I've sat with my calling, I decided to get involved with local revitalization efforts. So far, it's looked like supporting local businesses, and going to seminars and movie premieres regarding Downtown Fresno urban planning and revitalization. It's been in these settings that I've begun to feel most alive. Alive as I engage with folks who are a part of the staff who make it happen, and others, like myself, who are curious to know what we can do.

As I submitted my resume and now wait for my interview to take place (at 1pm, y'all!), I feel a lot of nervous energy. The energy you feel just before an adrenaline rush. And interestingly enough, as I sat with Jesus regarding what this new season looks like for me, I had an image spring up:

It was me, facing a man. He was strong and tall, holding my arms. It was as if we were about to let go of the railing for bungee jumping. He looks me straight in the eye, and with a small smile, asks "Are you ready?"


I don't know how this job situation will pan out, whether I'll be offered the position or not. However, I do know that Jesus has something for me in this season as I follow my heart, pursue my passions, and follow him recklessly.

Jesus, I say, "yes!" I may be terrified to let go of the railing, but I trust you're with me and that you're asking me to trust and follow you in my calling, job, and understanding of who you are in this place. May you be glorified as I explore my calling, identity, and general understanding of who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment