Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look into His wonderful face
And the things on earth
Will go strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
It's too hard to look into Your face on most days
There's too much love in Your eyes
Much too deep for me to feel worthy of
It's painful for me to look
To have my gaze remain locked on Yours
So I look at the things of this world
I focus on them
So that it doesn't cut into my heart to be loved
too much by You
I don't deserve You
I really don't
I mess up and fail every day
I fall down and sometimes don't even bother
to dust myself off
'Cause I know it'll happen again
And again
Sometimes I do dare to look into Your eyes
To bask in the love that I see there
The pride I see there
Do I see joy there also?
And it's when I dare to look that I realize that tomorrow
Is worth fighting for.
So I look at the things of this world
I focus on them
So that it doesn't cut into my heart to be loved
too much by You
I don't deserve You
I really don't
I mess up and fail every day
I fall down and sometimes don't even bother
to dust myself off
'Cause I know it'll happen again
And again
Sometimes I do dare to look into Your eyes
To bask in the love that I see there
The pride I see there
Do I see joy there also?
And it's when I dare to look that I realize that tomorrow
Is worth fighting for.
No comments:
Post a Comment