Sunday, September 18, 2011

High Speed Rail.

Some of my favorite Fresno sites are threatened by the proposed California High Speed Rail. A proposition I remember wrestling whether I wanted to be for or against. Had I known the repercussions of the Rail, I know  what my stance would have been.

Businesses in rail's path face quick, tough decisions
Source: The Fresno Bee

California's proposed high-speed train line is billed as a project that will transform transportation in the state.
But it also stands to transform Fresno's landscape from one end to the other if construction starts as planned next year in the city.
Up and down the line, along the Union Pacific Railroad tracks from the San Joaquin River to south of downtown, scores of businesses sit in the path of the trains that would run between San Francisco and Los Angeles at up to 220 mph.
Once a route is finalized, probably early next year, the California High-Speed Rail Authority will start negotiating with property and business owners along the route to acquire the right of way needed to build the tracks – and figuring out how to help businesses relocate to new sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment