Thursday, September 15, 2011

Los Angeles.

I won't readily admit this (you can recognize this as pride), but tonight I'll be honest.

Things I miss from L.A.:
  • Being 20 minutes from the beach.
  • The beach! Nothing beats sand, water, and being slightly sun-kissed.
  • Crazy and not so crazy friends a short walk away.
  • Two sisters that copiously watch movies.
  • A roommate who is constantly watching something television or movie related. :)
  • Riding the Big Blue Bus.
  • Long and strong hugs from many friends.
  • Getting swiped to eat in the UCLA dorms.
  • Walking into rooms where guitars are being played and voices are singing.
  • Getting calls to take a walk around Westwood.
  • My favorite boba place. (And the people who work there.)
  • My church Bible study.
  • Walking and dancing down Bruinwalk.
  • My puppy, Copper.
  • The smell of tortillas and refried beans being cooked.
  • My sister groaning as I randomly hug her in public.
  • Really long Target trips.
  • King Taco.
  • Olvera Street.
  • Random food outings at midnight (or later).
  • The Downtown L.A. skyline.
Things I am grateful for in Fresno:
  • Two little boys who always want to play.
  • Tapatio in the spice cabinet.
  • Fresh vegetables from a family garden.
  • The Fulton Mall on Mexican Independence Day.
  • Lola's Tacos.
  • Manchester Mall and their International Food Court.
  • The FIFUL office where I can do InterVarsity fundraising.
  • Snail mail.
  • My own room.
  • Candles that smell really nice. (Who knew I'd fall in love with Sandalwood?)
  • Exploring Downtown Fresno.
  • 90 degree weather.
  • The fact that I don't need a sweater at nighttime in Fresno. (Not yet, anyway.)
  • Bloggy friends whom I have never met.
  • A great, challenging book.
  • Little hands holding mine.
  • Laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment