How powerful it is to sit in a place with other Believers as we each hold the cup of juice that represents Jesus' blood, and holding the bread that represents His body.
I'm reading a book by Ann Voskamp, entitled One Thousand Gifts, and she has a section where she talks about Communion. How the tangible act of Communion is a way of being grateful for Jesus' death, an invitation to give thanks for dying.
Last weekend, I was blessed by going to Hilmar with the family I live with. I was able to spend time living life with them; eating, laughing, the whole bit. I got to attend church with them, and towards the end of the service, we had the opportunity to take Communion.
To be perfectly honest, I usually internally groan when I hear we're taking Communion. I don't really understand it, so it is difficult to engage with it.
However, this past Sunday, as I held the cup... I gave thanks, and I listened.
You are enough.
Umm, what, Jesus?
You are enough for my death, enough for my resurrection. Enough for me to love.
You see, I had always figured Jesus died for humanity. All of humanity. And in this small moment of clutching the cup and stopping to breathe and listen, God surprised me.
He let me know that God died for me. He would have done the same for just me.
He would have died again and again for each one of us, he loves us that much.
He loves me that much.
I realize how deep the Father's love is for us, not merely humanity as a whole, but each one of us individually.
Enough to die for each one of us, enough to rise again for each of our sake, but loving us individually through our failures and our successes.
My desire is to continue to be rooted in that Truth,
I am enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment