Shut up and listen.
I get it. I do.
However, I have spent too many days, weeks, months, years...listening and hearing you.
Too many years shutting myself into a tight little box of silence for your benefit.
I've held your words,
I've protected your image,
I've been your source of strength,
your source of comfort.
I allowed myself to be used by those who loved me
by remaining silent.
And now, as I try to share my story,
it's more difficult than ever.
'Cause this journey towards whole requires me to speak.
Emotions that have never been aired out,
thoughts that haven't been formed,
wounds that have been open for years without medicine or bandage,
a little girl who has yet to be seen.
He asks me to speak.
To bring to life the pain, shame, and affliction
To share with the world my disease
And to let the story say what He has done for me.
I've held your words,
I've protected your image,
I've been your source of strength,
your source of comfort.
I allowed myself to be used by those who loved me
by remaining silent.
And now, as I try to share my story,
it's more difficult than ever.
'Cause this journey towards whole requires me to speak.
Emotions that have never been aired out,
thoughts that haven't been formed,
wounds that have been open for years without medicine or bandage,
a little girl who has yet to be seen.
He asks me to speak.
To bring to life the pain, shame, and affliction
To share with the world my disease
And to let the story say what He has done for me.
wow, you have no idea (or maybe you do) of how much this resonates with me right now. Gracias, chica!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!
ReplyDelete