Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 31.


31. a gift found on paper, in person, in a picture.

a gift found on paper: notes from friends. I am constantly laughing and remembering friends from my hometown, mainly due to my postcards that they all wrote to me before I left. I am grateful for the gift of verbal affirmation (!) and for their thoughtfulness in writing (and Earl for coordinating it).
in person: shared dinners with the housemates. I've probably mentioned this before, but one of the highlights of my day is to share dinner with my four housemates. I love sharing food, stories of the day, emotions, and sometimes, dessert! It's an amazing way to wind down, get ready to do some work, but I love the community that is being built here in our everyday.

in a picture: a memory of my mama and sister at the UCLA Powwow. I think it's from May 2009. It's a reminder of an amazing day. Great food, great company. Minimal  family drama. Great food. Amazing time sharing culture. It is perched on the wall above my night stand, and makes me smile, especially when I need to see my sister and mama's smiles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment