Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Joy Dare: January 30.


30. 3 old things seen new.

phone calls. I don't generally like talking on the phone, but phone calls have been a saving grace this week. Talking with Melissa, Alex, and my family have refreshed me, reminded me I am infinitely loved, and are just flat out comforting! How nice is it to hear your mama's voice on the phone when you feel sick?

journals. I've always been a fan of journaling. Always. However, I have recently realized how nice it is to have (many) journals to refer back to, to have a record of what Jesus was teaching you and when, and just to remind you that you've grown up since your sophomore year of college. A little, anyway.

books. I have a small love for the written word. Can you tell? (If you can't, please note that my previous paragraph is about journals.) As some days are not as easy to deal with, it is always nice to know that you have a dog-eared copy of one of your favorite books waiting for you on your bookshelf. Or on your nightstand. Or next to your blue chair. Or on your desk. (There are books everywhere in my room.) I have been grateful this week (especially) for my old favorites that I can just read and enjoy again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment