Sunday, May 19, 2013

Grateful for Today.

I am pretty grateful for most days. I see the glass as half full, I love life, I try to see good in everyone. However, I am definitely grateful for today. I am grateful for my church, that is quickly becoming family. Here are a few reasons why...


wearing red as a reminder of the Holy Spirit descending on Pentecost
Sunday school class, Becoming Family
"Everything That Hath Breath"
harmonizing with the congregation
meeting Julie
Julie inviting me to crash the New Members' potluck
delicious homemade food
meeting Terri
Terri saying she'd look forward to seeing me
asking Terri if she still baked pies
Terri saying she'd let me know if she baked a pie!
hugs from Dustin
meeting the crew from Youth Group
being 'murdered' during one of the YG games
being comfortable in my own skin in this new church
hearing 'good to see you again!'


I'm grateful for the love present at University Presbyterian Church. The fact that I am being enveloped and encouraged to be a part of the congregation, and to get involved. Grateful for the risks I've taken in connecting with folks paying off. In meeting these lovely women and men who have been at the church for decades and are so excited for younger folks entering the church. Grateful. I can't say it enough. 

Thanks, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment