Rich Lamb (author of Following Jesus in the "Real World") said the 20s were all about trying things. "The Trying 20s", he called them. And he's proven to be right. After graduating college, it feels like every decision I make, is a decision to try something new. To learn something new about myself in the process. The trying, failing, and trying some more has been difficult. Yet I have never felt so alive.
I'm taking big risks. From moving hundreds of miles away from home, being on staff with an amazing non-profit Christian organization, applying for jobs that feel like a long shot, to engaging with the beautiful brokenness and potential present in Downtown Fresno... risks.
With every new thing I learn about myself, it's like throwing a vibrant, new color onto a blank canvas. I'm learning more and more of who I am, my identity, and allowing my voice to carry weight in the communities I am a part of. Slowly, the white space is disappearing, as more and more colors are introduced. I have no idea what this canvas will look like, but I also can't wait to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment