I thought I'd previously hit "Publish" for this post, I guess it didn't happen after all. One of my favorite memories of living Downtown so far. Thanks for reading.
The entire day was pretty epic, meeting local artists, visiting my favorite galleries (for free!), hanging with a friend, and introducing a new one to Downtown. The climax of the introduction when my new friend said, "I guess there is culture in Fresno." Welcome to the fold, my friend.
| Photo courtesy of Fresno Arts Council |
In finding friends, laughing at jokes and the joy of what is happening Downtown... my joy bubbled out of me through laughter. And as we hooted along with the band, I was reminded, again, that this is the beginning of a promise being fulfilled in response to a prayer made by many.
I give thanks 'cause this is beginning to be the norm: folks coming together to enjoy each others' company, supporting local business, and learning what a treasure Downtown really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment