To be honest, I laughed a little. I laughed 'cause Rachelle essentially told me the same thing, the same phrase that stood out as if it were the only one in the graphic. And because I feel like I'm finally running where I want to be, chasing the things I love and learning more about myself. And lastly, because there's been a theme over the past few weeks of 'fully living'. To let go of all the crap, baggage, and insecurity and just go for it.
Being an external processor, I came to these realizations as I typed what sits below:
"If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love."
This is basically the thesis of what I've told my closest girl friends. As I get older, I'm learning to walk in my own skin, to be proud of who I am and what I love. Not to hide in putting up a front of what others want of me. The summary: I want whomever falls in love with me to fall in love with ME. The girl that dances randomly, that loves the inner city, that loves Downtown Fresno... and to that end I've begun running toward the things I love. I've become more involved in our neighborhood association, Downtown revitalization events and workshops... so I feel like I am starting to do the things I love.
And finally, as I do them, I'm becoming less and less worried about my status regarding relationships and just fully living my life.
[Glory to God.]
No comments:
Post a Comment