My hands feel clumsy as I type this. It's been months since I've written much of anything. Here, my personal journal... it's been a long time.
A lot has happened, I've taken on leadership at my place of work. That has meant weeks of working 60+ hours, and learning how to balance work, friendship, faith and laundry.
I took the day off today, and I learned it is hard for me to let go of the to-do list, to not worry about what is happening at work, and trust the work I've put in, as well as the team I've placed to take care of the business while I'm gone.
I sat in church and had to remind myself constantly to be present. I knew I'd find rest and community there, but it was hard to let go enough to be completely there. I heard words, I sang songs. And still, the most tender of places was our act of communion. I let the elements pass my lips, and become one with me. I finally shut down what I thought I should be doing and let myself receive grace, mercy and reconciliation with my Papa.
I let myself linger throughout the day. Reminding myself that it was okay to not be running around, to not open the laptop to do work. (Tomorrow will come soon enough.) I gave myself permission to take a nap. I let myself remember rest.
And now, I find myself aimlessly looking at blogs, websites I love....and I have realized just how important it is for my soul to have words. Reading so far was enough. And then, I came across this post by John Sowers.
John basically says to fall in love with words and story. To pay attention to the ones that make your heart happy.
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to write. I'm taking a cue from Man of La Mancha's song, "The Impossible Dream" and start writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment