Wednesday, October 22, 2014

There and Back Again.

If I've learned anything in my 26 years of life, it is that life is not linear, it is most definitely circular. A spiral, if you will. In my time in Fresno, I have felt it the most acutely.

It's October, and the weather is finally cooling down. I feel transition in the air, through my clothing shifting from shorts and tanks to pants and sweaters. I feel it in my wardrobe choices as I do in my life stage. I find myself back here.

Asking deep questions. 
Seeking out my voice.
Learning new rhythms.
Becoming vulnerable.

This liminal space feels familiar, a place where the questions are being asked about my identity, my voice, authority, life rhythms and community. The feelings are similar, and yet I'm finding that I am not the same. At all.

My physical appearance is strikingly different. My heart has healed from wounds, and has suffered new ones. 

I realize I am stronger than ever.

I am becoming so incredibly aware of who I am. With that comes both amazement and intimidation. I'm amazed at how far I've come, and yet intimidated that I am not at all where I thought I'd be. I'm proud of the strength I've displayed, and my strides to continue to ground my strength in a trusting foundation.

The journey continues. To walk in the deep freedom Jesus offers, and to trust enough to do so wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment