Thursday, May 01, 2014

Be Brave.

The words 'brave' and 'freedom' have rung true in the more core part of who I am since college. We're talking, oh... seven years now. As old as Bryce, my housemate, is. That's not a child anymore, that's a resilient kid.

These words have been true for me and have grown up with me. They've catalyzed a lot of risky and significant decisions. They've been there reminding me of the kind of woman I want to be. The woman I am becoming.

Slowly, quickly, but surely, I am becoming a woman who is becoming more and more brave and free. Life has gotten more and more messy, complicated, full, amazing, and wondrous as the years have gone on. My heart has grown for the people who are present in my every day life, and for those that are far away.

I write this because I continue to realize that confidence, bravery and freedom deserve more than what I've given them. I've been a coward, insecure, selfish brat who has sold herself short of glory. No, I don't mean that in the pride-ridden sort of way... but I do realize I constantly stand in my own way.

Here's to bravery. Here's to courage. Here's to freedom. Freedom to dwell in the Christ-given life that is enveloped in me in the most amazing way possible.

Que seas valiente.
Que seas libre.

No comments:

Post a Comment