Merry Christmas to you! I can't convey through these typed words how much I mean that. The wonder of Christmas is one that becomes new and wondrous every year. As a follower of Jesus, I sit in awe in the anticipation of Jesus' birth and his arrival. It means an incredible amount to me that Jesus would come to this place and inhabit with us for a while. Talk about a great gift.
Speaking of gifts, I wanted to highlight the gifts I received this year. No, not because they're gifts, or because they were super lavish, but because of the intentionality of them. I've found myself giggling joyfully while opening gifts.
I have been gifted journals, an art journal, a cookbook, handmade gifts... I am overwhelmed by those who picked better gifts than I would have picked for myself! Friends have been paying attention to what makes my heart sing, and what I needed to make these things happen. It's incredible to be seen in that way.
For all of you that have sent me cards, well wishes, and text messages... thank you. Words have the ability to convey more and more than gifts might, and I can read them over and over again!
May the rest of this holiday season be filled with joy, laughter, memories and traditions that bring you life and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment