Saturday, April 06, 2013

Paying Attention.

   I'm a firm believer in paying attention to what's happening around me. Particularly on what my soul picks up on, and what I am inherently drawn to. So today, as I woke up in a funk and needed some love from anywhere and everywhere, I picked up on the songs that resonated throughout the day.
   On any given day, I hear a lot of songs and sounds on the Fulton Mall. It's part of my job, walking into different places, and inevitably, hearing songs throughout the day. However, it's one thing to hear songs. It's another to have them touch something within and perhaps help you engage what you're feeling and thinking. So I paid attention as I listened to or sang along to "Stay With Me" by John Legend, "We Are Young" by fun., "It's Time" by Imagine Dragons, and "Come Home" by OneRepublic.
   I can't say what all they communicated or linked to, but I am grateful for the words and music others have published in order that I might engage well today.

  I'm looking forward to Sunday, my day of rest tomorrow in order to reflect more on the state of my soul, and be able to spend time with people I love who indeed love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment