
I love books. I always have. I love how they lead to a new world, new characters (therefore, new friends), and often, a greater perspective on the world that differs from my own. Below are some of my favorites I read in 2012.
Blue Moon Bay- Lisa Wingate I love that the center of this story is a woman learning to come back home, and rediscover who she is. While she's doing that, she learns to let go of the belief that she knows everything about everyone, and simply stops to understand what is.
I Love Yous Are For White People- Lac Su Ahh, this resonated so completely with my own journey in Los Angeles. I love how real Su is, describing his fears, questions, and confusion with the reader. He holds very little back.
Love Does- Bob Goff I could probably stop and listen to Bob Goff's stories for a while. He shares stories of how he's experienced Love, and how he's helped others experience that too. My favorite is the one involving his son and an ATV.
Pack Up the Moon and Apart From the Crowd- Anna McPartlin These books both deal with loss, love, and realizing you're stronger than you think. I love McPartlin's narration and voice as she leads you to deeply engage with their stories.
Found Art: Discovering Beauty in Foreign Places- Leeana Tankersley This is one of those books that haunt you. Leeana's account of being displaced and finding art in a new environment is a gripping one. I find myself thinking and still mulling over her accounts on partnership and vulnerability.
A Million Miles in A Thousand Years- Donald Miller Don uses the parts of story in order to explain how to live a more meaningful life. Whether you believe you need a guide in order to help you gain perspective, set goals ad actually accomplish them, I'd recommend reading Don's account of how story has affected his life.
What books have you read recently that you want to share?
Why were they so compelling?
No comments:
Post a Comment