Tuesday, September 25, 2012


The words come in the most inconvenient of times, while I’m at work sitting at a desk.

Sort, sort papers. Type and compose emails. Proposals. Copies flowing out of the copier, wait, paper jam…

The words, questions, and general musings come when I’m supposed to be occupied doing something else. Isn’t that how it always is, though?

That conversation with Steve, was on my way to church. Greeting that elderly woman on Broadway Ave was on the way to the paleteria. Running into Jessica and catching up in 4 minutes was while I was waiting for Ariana.

I’d love life, writing, and time to be organic. By organic, I mean, for things to fit into my timetable, for writing to happen when I sit at a coffee shop for 3 hours at a time, and for my brain to focus when I’m at work. (I know, that's not it's actual definition.)

That won’t always happen.

So I’ll take small notes on a scratch piece of paper*, write down my questions, potential blog post ideas and save them for when I’m actually at a coffee shop to write.

* why do we call it ‘scratch paper’, anyway? Did we modify ‘scrap piece of paper’?

No comments:

Post a Comment