Reading good books, blogs, and quotes makes my heart thaw out. It reminds me to breathe. Words are reminders of stories that have gone before me, stories that surround me now.
I just finished reading a blog post by a woman who's been married for one year and what she's learned. Her honest words of giving up her corporate job, and pursuing writing and photography full-time were a balm for my soul. She describes not writing 'cause she didn't believe she had anything to say.
I know that feeling all too well.
I want to write more. I want to be part of the collective story that we tell when we're old and gray. I want to have words, stories, emotions and memories written on pen and paper... on this blog.
I want to share my life with whoever will hear it. I want to remind myself that my memories, experiences, heartbreak, foolishness, and risk are worth telling. I can't be faithful to my own belief that everyone has a story to tell if I don't believe in my own.
Here's to believing in my own story, and to the courage of telling it.
No comments:
Post a Comment