I spent last night with thirteen others from my church, University Presbyterian Church. It was a great night of amazing food, laughter, and great conversation. Some of us have known each other some, others are beginning to be friends and learn our quirks, and we're all learning more and more about each other.
At one point, when most of the food was eaten, and we began to settle, we began to get a little more 'real'. Chris (our Senior Pastor), asked the question, "What is something Jesus may be asking you to let go?" We all sat in silence. There were a few brave folks who shared about their current place of deciphering what that could be. The answers varied from vocation, to family hurts, to ultimately not knowing.
I was not one of the folks who shared last night, but my friend asked me to share last night, so I'll be brave and do so here as well.
Jesus is asking me to let go of holding it all together. For most of my life, personally, my family role, in moving to Fresno... I've had to make it work. From having limited finances, to managing my personal life, helping friends, learning to grow up... I've never really asked for much help.
Now I am in a season where I have very limited time, resources, and can't be Wonder Woman to everyone. [I really wish I could, 'cause Wonder Woman's outfit is pretty amazing.] I'm learning to say 'no', to ask for help, to ask for tons of grace, and to remind myself that it's okay to fall apart. Sleep is also glorious.
So friends who read this blog, I am asking for lots of grace if it takes me a little while to respond to phone calls, texts, emails, letters, packages, carrier pigeons... life is busy and I'm learning to be there for each of you when I may feel burnt out.
Jesus, thanks for grace in learning to lean on you in this season. Thanks for gracious friends who are gentle, loving, and press me to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment