Tonight, I looked at my ministry partners, Robin and Dustin, and exclaimed, "We made it through Sunday!" There were moments this week when I thought I'd fall apart and cry. When I wanted to let Dustin know I couldn't speak tonight after all... I just wanted to let it go and give up.
It's been one of the most rewarding weeks of my life. Exhausting, yes. Rewarding, hell yes.
I've known failure before. I know that feeling where you decide you're too tired to follow through on that volunteer opportunity. That feeling of staying up way too late and giving yourself a panic attack to make it to work on time.
I have stuck it out this week (through exhaustion, very limited time, and insecurity) to see God move powerfully. I'm learning what it means to grow up and be present to all the challenges, moving parts and endure the hard weeks.
I am grateful for:
Working at Peeve's Public House. Probably one of the best gigs ever.
Getting caught in a wind/dust/rain storm.
The rainbow after random storm.
Being asked to join a Downtown steering committee.
Spiritual Direction appointment.
Dreams.
Sharing my story at youth group.
Emails from my four greatest college friends.
Go figure, you get what you put into the week. Jesus, I am grateful for your provision during a week when I felt the most weary. Thanks for miracles, both big and small, that show your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment