Sunday, August 25, 2013

Youth Group: Happy.

Nights like tonight remind me why I said 'yes!' in the first place.

We played a ridiculous game of "Lamentations or Taylor Swift lyric?" [It was a lot more difficult than I thought it'd be!]

After engaging through the concept of busyness (it feels like we're all 'go' all the time) and a possible paradigm shift of what that does to us, we shared what was striking and what was difficult.

I'd missed this.

I'd missed leading students and disciples of Jesus into a further understanding of what following Jesus looks like today. I'd missed engaging with the concepts that are relevant and true for youth and for their relationship with Jesus. I'd missed being intentional with their lives, questions, and generally living life with them.

It's been in this place where I've felt more and more like myself. Where my gifts, talents, and life experience have merged into a steady stream of pouring out life for the sake of the gospel. Glory be to God for bringing me... for bringing us into this place.

The selfie of all selfies.



No comments:

Post a Comment