As I've processed the loss of a friend, I realize that my default response while grieving is the loss of my voice. I haven't been able to write or sing for days after hearing the news.
I still don't have coherent thoughts or eloquent phrases to share. I just know that a great friend, and fellow mischievous heart is gone. And I miss her.
I've thought a lot about honor, what it looks like to honor Rachelle's life and friendship.
All I've been able to come up with is to keep living.
One of the last things Rachelle and I shared was this. And the main point is, keep living.
So Rachelle-y, I'm striving to live. To not give too much room to fear, insecurity, and lies, but to live out of risk, courage and freedom.
I love you.
*For your information: the title of this post, "Always" is not a reference to Harry Potter (although Rachelle would have appreciated that). If you'd like to hear the story and the reference, please ask.
Miss you friend, hang in there, compa. Jesus has your back, cuz you know that beneath an clothes lies a man. And beneath a man...lies........his.....................NUCLEUS.
ReplyDelete