Sunday, July 22, 2012

OneWord365: Speak (Summer Update)

Speaking is difficult.
Talking is easy.
Sharing something authentic and real... almost impossible.

However, it is as we speak, as we share our historia (literally translates as 'history'), we acknowledge that our story is important, true, and worth telling.

I'm in the middle of the year of living out the word "speak". It's a scary word because it stretches what I believe about myself and my story. As I've opted to speak my truth, I've discovered reconciliation, grace, and a freedom that comes in risking my heart.

Yet as I've been completely honest with those whom I love and trust so dearly, the Lord has been gracious to solidify in my spirit that my story is important, true, and completely worth sharing. And slowly, I believe more and more that I am important, true, and worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment