Sunday morning, I'll be heading out to Catalina Island, pretty much my favorite place on earth.
I'll be co-leading a week-long study on one of the biographies of Jesus Christ, Mark.
I am SO EXCITED as to what is going to happen this week!
Fresno State is taking 12 students to the Island, and I am excited to have them experience the ways in which Jesus will affirm, challenge and all together transform their lives in one week.
Catalina Island is where I saw Jesus in the way that mattered, in the way that caused me to make decisions to honor him and follow him with all my heart. It is where my life was transformed, and what ultimately led me here, to Fresno, to love on students that are being sought by Jesus.
Pray for us!
Travel- we're traveling for 3 to 4 hours tomorrow. And then we're hopping on a boat to Catalina.
Community- pray that our students would take well to each other and that they would share vulnerably as to what God is doing in them. Pray that God would bring healing to our students and our community.
Teachers/Staff- pray that we would enjoy lead our students well, and that we would have energy to do so! It's a great week of investing in students and bonding with them, pray for rest as we do so.
Creating culture- this is the largest group Fresno State has taken to Catalina Island in a while. Pray that this would be the beginning of students coming to Chapter Camp, and that they would walk away yearning to know God more and more. Pray that their experience would fuel their lives and witness when we come back to Fresno State after our time in Catalina.
Thank you for partnering with us! There will be many stories to tell! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment