Directly translated as, Day of Action of Gratitude.
As I've journeyed in Fresno, having now lived here for 5 months, I've begun trying to practice naming the things I am grateful for each day.
I have had this posture of gratitude since college, but my new journey began with my friend, Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. Ann wrestles with the idea of giving thanks everyday, on days when it is easy to give thanks, and days when it is hard to practice having a heart of gratitude.
And now, as Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I am sitting with this idea of the action of giving thanks.
action: The fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim
The process of giving thanks. The process of giving thanks in order to achieve a heart of gratitude.
So as I celebrate how God has provided for me this year, I want to begin this process of continual thanks, in order to foster a heart full of gratitude.
'Cause my aim continues to be to always sing a song in my heart of gratitude to my Dad in Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment