My friend, Jessica, is focusing her blog this month on the theme of insignificance. This post on love and how its affect on our lives can (and does) fuel this feeling of insignificance from those that love and care for us (as best they can).
I appreciate Jessica as a writer because she is real. I love that she digs deep into issues that I normally would not touch with a ten foot pole, and cuts to the chase. And as I have been struggling to engage with emotions of feeling less than worthy in my relationship with my biological father, I found this blog post particularly challenging.
The heart hurts, the soul grays and crumbles when love is withheld. We’ve all felt it…that deficiency of a God-quality love.
We’ve stood with our arms outstretched ready to receive. Open and willing, our hearts waiting to be filled, arms wrapped tight that said, “I’ll never let you go. I’ll always love you. You are special to me.”
But instead,
We’ve been left behind–abandoned, forgotten, traded in by fathers, mothers, children, friends.
We’ve been looked over, passed by, pushed to the side.
We’ve been given conditions– once you’re thinner, smarter, better…then I’ll love you.
Thankfully, that's not the end of her post. Or the end of the story, click here to continue reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment